Toxin Free Living



Many people are not aware of the dangers toxins and chemicals can cause our bodies. From having them on our skin, to breathing them in!
During this class we hope to bring awareness to others about toxins, and how you can safely rid your home of them!
We will provide you with tips and tricks throughout this blog to help you make the switch!
Ready to get started?! Keep Scrolling Down

ANTIBACTERIAL SOAP AND TOOTHPASTE 
Wait... did that just say Antibacterial Soap and Toothpaste? You mean that stuff I use every single day?!?!
Yes! That stuff!
2-Soaps-and-Toothpaste
For extra credit I recommend you looking up some of those chemical names, and the side effects or long term effects they can cause!
Now what do we do about it?!

3-Thieves-Toothpaste-and-Hand-Soap
Let's face it though... it's not always easy to jump right in to a new product, right? And your more natural products can sometimes even be more pricey. I love the Thieves product line and use it all in my own house, but I also like to make my own products! While I can't afford a bottle of Thieves foaming hand soap at every sink in the house, I can afford my home made hand wash! ;)
Let's start with the foaming hand soap!
Grab a foaming soap container. Glass is best, but not required!
You will also need pure liquid castile soap, purified water, and your Young Living Essential Oils!
Fill 1/3 of your container with your liquid castile soap. 1/3 with your purified water.
And now add your oil of choice! Depending on size of your bottle 7-12 drops should do!
Remember no citrus oils in a plastic container! (you can view our Essential Oils Basic 101's HERE)
For some deep down grimey, creepy-crawler cleaning, I love to use Thieves and Tea Tree! (equal drops of each) You can also throw in a splash of Lavender or Peppermint for a yummy smell!
If you are just going for smell effects, you can add anything that your heart desires!
If you have a glass container, I find Orange to be an amazing smell!

Now on to your toothpaste!
Baking soda is a great option for a simple yet effective clean! But your Young Living Essential Oils are going to really up that a notch! Throw in a drop or two of Peppermint, or Wintergreen!
It's that easy!!
If you don't yet have your Young Living Essential Oils Starter Kit, find one of our team members HERE and let us help you!

LAUNDRY DETERGENT AND FABRIC SOFTNER
4-Detergents-and-Softeners
I'm so thankful to have natural options available!!
Let's look at those!
5-Thieves-Laundry-Soap
And Thieves Laundry Soap is actually super affordable!
thieves-laundry
But of course I will still offer you another option to your Laundry Soap!
I will admit for me it's easier to buy my thieves laundry soap! But you bet you can make it yourself!!
Our Team Member Stacey Ward has a method she uses, and you can check out her recipe HERE! Talk about awesomeness!!
6-DIY-Fabric-Softener

Keep in mind too, for a freshening scent in the dryer, take a damp wash cloth and add a few drops of your chosen essential oil to it. Throw it in the dryer with your laundry, and start it up! :)


PRODUCE 
Organic is great! But it's not always clean!
7-Herbicide-covered-produce
Many of us realize we have to wash our food when we bring it in from the store! But do you realize how much residue is still on your fruits and veggies AFTER your wash?! It saddens me to think of all the chemicals going in to our bodies, even while we are trying to eat healthier!!
Let's look at a wonderful product Young Living gives us to combat that!
8-Thieves-Fruit-and-Veggie-Wash

I'll admit, I have this stocked at my house! They also make a little carry spray bottle too you can spritz on your food on the go!
I feel so much better handing my son that apple or grapes, or carrots, after I've truly washed them!!

CLEANING PRODUCTS 
9-Toxins-in-Cleaning-Products-110-Thieves-Household-Cleaner
Honestly, the Thieves Cleaner is massively affordable!!! I love to give you other options, but really, you don't need any!! Thieves cleaner can do it all AND it's affordable!!!
Let me break it down for you.
1 bottle of Thieves cleaner will make 30 of those bottles to use! The dilution ratio for everyday cleaning, is 1 part cleaner to 30 parts water. So a $22 bottle, will make 30 bottles of cleaner you would go pick up at the store, EXCEPT, it's all natural, plant based, non-toxic cleaner!! THIRTY bottles of cleaner for $22!! Can't find that at the Dollar Store!!
thieves-cleanerThieves cleaner math

Or you could even consider more savings with the larger 64 oz bottle! 128 bottles of cleaner!! And you mean it won't take up near as much room under my counter?!?! I'm sold! LOL
Thieves-Cleaner (1)
And have I mentioned how I love that I can just hand this cleaner to my 7 year old son, and ask him to help me with cleaning the kitchen table, or wiping down the counters! AWESOMENESS! Not to mention mopping the floors and not worrying about my dogs getting chemicals on their paws, or my son (who still likes to crawl around on a clean floor! LOL) Or my husband who INSIST on placing his sandwich bread on the counter to make his sandwich, instead of a plate!! (REALLY Honey??)
Ok, so maybe it all drives me a little bonkers, but I definitely don't have to worry about the harmful toxins getting in their bodies! ;)
Ok, Ok, but since I love to give you DIY options,  let's go ahead and look at some of those other safe options anyway!! ;)
11-DIY-Cleaners


AIR FRESHENERS AND CANDLES 

Another toxin that so many people don't realize are effecting our bodies are air fresheners and candles!
Not only are these chemicals bad on your respiratory system as well as wreck havoc on your allergies, but that are also endocrine disrupters. Your Endocrine System is the collection of glands that produce hormones that regulate metabolism, growth and development, tissue function, sexual function, reproduction, sleep, and mood, among other things.
Endocrine disruptors can:
  • Mimic or partly mimic naturally occurring hormones in the body like estrogens (the female sex hormone), androgens (the male sex hormone), and thyroid hormones, potentially producing overstimulation.
  • Bind to a receptor within a cell and block the endogenous hormone from binding. The normal signal then fails to occur and the body fails to respond properly. Examples of chemicals that block or antagonize hormones are anti-estrogens and anti-androgens.
  • Interfere or block the way natural hormones or their receptors are made or controlled, for example, by altering their metabolism in the liver.
14-Air-Fresheners-and-Scented-Candles
What do we do about those candles we absolutely love?! Or always wanting to have a wonderful smell in the house, verses the smell of your son's laundry that he thinks is ok to leave in every room of the house?! (LOL ok... not everyone has this problem, but you get the picture. ;)  )
15-Diffusing-essential-oils

If you haven't seen or tried a diffuser yet, you must see one in person! You would never believe the aroma that it can give off! And the best part is, it's not JUST an aroma!! Depending on the Essential Oil you are using at the time in your diffuser, you can enjoy a theraputic side benefit as well.
Whether it's increased relaxation, or unwinding some tension at the end of a long day, or helping to purify the air! A diffuser is a must in every situation!


TOILETRIES AND BEAUTY PRODUCTS 

12-Toiletries-and-Beauty-Products
It's scary to me, to think of all the harmful toxins that are in all the products I use to use so often! To think what I was exposing my body to, with out even knowing it.
13-YL-Toiletries-1
Thankfully Young Living has so many options for me to be able to replace all these products one at a time. But I also still make so much of my stuff at home with the Essential Oils they provide me with!
It is especially nice to be able to order what ever I need, when I don't have the time to make my own!

SO NOW WHAT??
So... now what do you with all this information?!
Change can be hard and even feel overwhelming! It's taken me years, to get rid of things in my own house, because I easily feel overwhelmed! The key? To take things one step at a time if you need. Start with your toothpaste. Figure out what works best for you there. Now that you have that conquered, move on to your hand wash. Then maybe your body wash, your dish soap, your household cleaner. Take it one thing and one step at a time! I've still got things I'm working on today, to get rid of!
If you haven't yet dived in to the Essential Oil world I invite you to join our team and let us help you step by step make these changes! There are so many things we haven't even touched on in this class, like hand sanitizers, and carpet fresheners, and our pets! Find a team who's ready to walk with you on your oily and toxin free journey!
You can check out our team page at THE OILY VISIONS TEAM
CLICK HERE

Not sure you really need any help, and you are ready to dive in head first and make a change?! We would LOVE to have you on our team as well! We love talking about making healthier changes for our families and learning from each other!
Young Living makes it really easy to get started with their oils and natural products! They offer a great starter kit with several different oils in it, as well as a diffuser!! (You know that thing I said you must have! Yeah, just wait... it really is awesome! ;)  )
Please let us know if you have any questions about the oils, the starter kit, or how to be toxin free! We would love to connect with you! Again you can find one of us HERE.
We hope you enjoyed this class and learned something new!



Comments

Popular Posts