5 Day Nutritive Cleanse - Diary


So I started the 5 day Nutritive Cleanse. It's my first time to do this one. I know people always ask, "how did it go", "was it hard to do", "how did you feel" and so on. I decided to keep a diary of my days on the cleanse to share with you, so I can answer all of those questions!
The 5 day nutritive cleanse is designed to cleanse out toxic buildup, detox your body systems, and reboot your system so to speak. It's a great way to begin a lifestyle change, in eating smarter!
After a long winter I have to admit, food is weighing on me, and I feel sluggish and my stomach just bothers me most days.
I'm ready for a reboot and to eat lighter and cleaner during the spring and summer and so this cleanse seemed perfect for me.
Plus, if I'm honest, the longer ones kind of scare me!!! LOL A 5 day is a comfortable commitment, and I feel like I can give it my full attention, and all of my effort, without getting discouraged 2-3 weeks later!
Here is what the 5 day cleanse consist of:

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor or medical professional. I'm a woman, momma, and wife, who feels like turd biscuits, and knew I needed to loose some of last years weight! This is just me sharing my experience with you.

DAY 1 -
AM: Shakes taste great! Like melted vanilla ice cream. Feeling like this will be fairly easy. However I'm totally missing my eggs this morning.
NOON: So my husband decided he wanted a chicken strip basket for lunch! Not going to lie.... that made me cranky. It smelled really good, and really made me miss food! ALREADY! But I stayed strong. Kept myself busy cleaning, and grumbling under my breath. lol
PM: Definitely have a mild headache, but that could be there anyway... I'm grouchy and really want to eat, but I think it's mind over matter right now. Added lemon to my water to help me drink more, because I don't think I'm drinking enough. Definitely making me feel better. I'm going to skip my shake tonight, because I'm low on milk and I want it for breakfast in the morning. I honestly don't feel like this will be an issue. I'm not starving, I just want real food... if that makes sense. I think I will be ok! Still drinking my Ningxia, and feeling it's benefits. I've doubled to the 4oz while I'm cleansing, and taking it 3 times a day during this process as well! (YAY FOR NINGXIA!)
SIDE NOTE: The digest and cleanse pills are something else!!! Definitely feel like it's cleansing me, but the peppermint and fennel and other oils are definitely noticeable as it all comes out... TMI I know, but be prepared for your booty to be tingly! LOL

DAY 2- 
AM: Shake in the morning on my way to work. Easy to drink, not feeling hungry this morning. It's easier when I have a Monday morning on my mind I guess to not think about real food. Yesterday I didn't have any of the "snacks" allowed in the book. However I am considering buying blueberries, carrots and almonds today. Will see how I feel about lunch time. Headache comes and goes. I definitely feel like I feel better. My stomach doesn't look as swollen to me as it has been, and it's crazy but I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 5 lbs!! It's possible I lost it before yesterday, since it's been a week or two since I weighed... but I'm really thinking yesterday I had to have lost something! Was super surprised by that this morning!
NOON:Got to lunch late. Was a little shakey and headache was more noticeable, but over all still decent on hunger pains. Drank my shake and felt full.
2 hours later decided to snack on some red grapes. Only had about 10 or so and felt satisfied as a snack! First real food I've had since I started the cleanse. (They tasted amazing!! LOL)
PM:Bought some fresh fruits and veggies at the store today for snacking. Munched on a few carrots and cantaloupe as I was cleaning and cutting everything. Drank my shake and feel good. I miss food more emotionally than anything. I'm not feeling hungry or don't feel like I'm depriving myself at all.
I did skip the Digest and Cleanse pills today, but will return to them tomorrow.

DAY 3-
AM: Drank my shake before leaving home! I feel good, I feel positive, and feel strong for today and the next two days! Glad I'm finally at day 3! Half way there! Took my digest and cleanse this morning too. It's definitely cleansing! :) LOL I also lost another pound!
NOON: Skipped my shake (skipped the lunch thing all together). I got busy and lost track of time! Guess that's a good thing. It's not like I was starving or thinking about food.
PM: Did an early dinner shake at 4:00 since skipping lunch. Then has about 4-5 small little pieces of cantaloupe around 7:30pm.
Felt really good today. Food not near as much of a concern or thought. I was extremely thirsty today and drank a ton of water! And when I would drink I still felt really thirsty!! Thank goodness I had water with me everywhere I was today!

DAY 4-
 AM: Drank my shake while getting ready for work this morning. I wasn't in dire need for it just knew I should have it to get my day started right. Also drank my Ningxia and took my digest and cleanse. I've been extremely surprise by how much I don't really NEED food through this process! Oh and weighed again this morning (It's really just a curiosity thing, to see how not eating and only doing the shake is effecting that) and I lost another pound! So I'm down 8 lbs so far!! And my stomach is definitely not as bloated or swollen!! YAY!
NOON: Got late too lunch (1:40pm) but didn't feel needy of my shake. Could have probably skipped to dinner, but figured I should make myself the shake anyway.
I've definitely noticed an increase in energy. Or something. Feel like I'm overstimulated almost... guessing that's an increase in my metabolism?? It's a good thing I guess. Don't feel groggy and slugish like I normally do!
PM: Drank my shake, feeling good! Lots of energy. I did miss food for a little while when I was driving, but that's because I let my mind think towards the end of this and what I wanted to eat! LOL
I think keeping busy and your mind focused elsewhere is key to success on this cleanse.

DAY 5 - 
AM: Missed my shake. I was running late for work. Was going to get it at work, but got busy there too. Made it more of a Brunch Shake, and drank it at 10:45! Will skip the lunch shake for sure and wait until dinner tonight to have my LAST shake of the cleanse!!!
Already thinking I will probably continue doing lunch shakes for a while, and just eating breakfast and light dinners.
PM: Finally got to dinner shake around 7:15! Was definitely ready for it. I have been more hungry than normal today but I think that's because I know today is the last day, and I get to eat tomorrow! So it's all I can think about.
But this is finished and has been a huge success for me!
I weighed again and lost another pound so I am down 9lbs! Definitely a good start to eating better and making wiser choices for the spring and summer months!
I will mention my hubby told me tonight I've been on a shorter fuse lately ... and I thought I was handling this really well... but maybe I've been a tad irritable not eating?!?! ;)

All I have to say is YOU GOT THIS!!!! You will benefit from this cleanse, and appreciate the beauty of what you put in your mouth afterwards too! :D

If you are not yet a Young Living Member and want to order your own 5 day Nutritive Cleanse you can do so here: www.tinyurl.com/YLwithOilyVisions

Additional Thoughts, and modifications from our Leader Sara:
You can turn it into a 10 day & eat a protein/veggie lunch or add a snack such as celery & almond butter. Especially if you may have more muscle mass to feed. If you try it for a day or two and begin to be dizzy or not feeling well at all you may want to switch to this option! We don't want to starve our body's, so listen to your body and what it is telling you.
Activity level matters during a cleanse as to what may need to be adjusted....greens are free game in Sara's opinion! A healthy fat added will help you not be so hungry if that is something you are struggling with on this cleanse. Definitely a good call to use almond milk for your shakes for this purpose.

Comments

Popular Posts